3D LASER SCANNING
USEFUL APPLICATIONS OF 3D LASER SCANNING IN SINGAPORE
1. Capture the pre and post work surface conditions of buildings and other types of civil structures in 3D digital representations for archives and baseline records.
2. Road surface settlement monitoring for prioritisation of repair works
3. Periodic scans to detect positional or alignment deviations of objects and features over time.
4. Floor flatness assessment in high density storage and sports’ facilities to identify area of surface settlements that may cause safety hazards.
BENEFITS OF 3D LASER SCANNING IN SINGAPORE
1. Fast data acquisition process of capturing 1,000,000 points per second.
2. All the millions of points acquired through each scan are geo-referenced using GNSS, which means every single point has a 3-dimensional coordinate.
3. Users may extract cross section profiles at their desk as and when needed, without having to conduct repeated site measurement works.
4. Comprehensive surface area coverage and completeness of data.
5. Ryobi G’s mobile 3D laser scanning requires no road closures during the data acquisition process. This reduces safety risk on roads and sites in Singapore.